Makeup can be an excellent way to improve your appearance.
It can be challenging to take off from clothing, though.
Nothing is worse than discovering a makeup spill on your clothes.
Makeup stains, whether from a stray lipstick or a smudged eyeliner, can be challenging to remove.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to remove makeup from clothing so that you can keep your wardrobe looking fresh and clean.
Why Is It Important To Remove Makeup From Clothes?
For a variety of reasons, it is critical to remove makeup from clothing:
- To begin with, makeup can stain clothing and be difficult to remove.
- Second, makeup can be transferred from clothing to skin, causing skin irritation.
- Finally, makeup can attract pests to clothing, such as moths.
How To Get Foundation Out Of Clothes
Makeup users understand how inconvenient it can be to stain their clothes with their favorite makeup products.
Here are our tricks and genius solutions for getting makeup out of clothes.
For Cream/Liquid Foundation:
- To avoid spreading the stain or allowing it to penetrate the cloth more, gently wipe away any excess foundation with a paper towel.
- To remove the foundation, drench the stained area in warm water.
- Pre-treat the stain with laundry detergent if the liquid foundation has a silicone or water base by using your fingers to gently work the liquid into the stain.
- Use dish soap and rub it into the stain with your fingertips if the stain contains oils to dissolve the oils.
- Observe the stain for 20 minutes while the detergent or dish soap works its magic.
- Use the warmest setting on your washing machine to wash the stained item if it can be machine washed.
For Powder Foundation:
- Before dampening the stain, you should try to remove as much excess powder foundation as you can.
- As much powder foundation as you can, shake off.
- Use a clean makeup brush to gently remove the remaining powder, taking care not to spread it or press it deeper into the cloth.
- Turn the garment inside out and spritz the stain with warm water in the sink.
- Utilizing a fresh makeup brush, carefully rub liquid detergent into the stain to pre-treat it.
- Give the detergent 20 minutes to work on the stain.
- Skip the rinse and wash your clothes according to the recommendations on the label.
the garment should air dry.
How To Get Lipstick Out Of Clothes
- With a dull knife, scrape away any extra lipstick to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Apply some rubbing alcohol to a cotton ball or a clean washcloth and gently dab it on the discoloration.
Be careful not to rub it in; instead, lightly blot the surface.
- Use cold water to completely rinse the fabric.
If that doesn’t work, follow the instructions on the stain-removing product you chose and apply a fabric stain remover straight to the stain.
This normally entails allowing it to sit on the fabric for at least five minutes before properly rinsing it off.
Try the same approach with diluted dish soap if the stain still won’t come out.
How To Get Mascara Out Of Clothes
- Makeup remover wipes that claim to dissolve waterproof mascara should be used.
- Place the stain on a paper towel, stain side down.
- Push the stain out and into the paper towel using the makeup wipe on the back.
- Rub in some prewash spray or liquid laundry detergent until no more comes off.
- Finally, wash as usual with a bleach that is safe for fabric.
How To Get Nail Polish Out Of Clothes
Nail paint is one of the most difficult stains to get out of clothing.
Using an ice pack to cool the surface is the most popular method for drying and fast containing spills.
If the fabric is delicate or there is a lot of polish, use tweezers to delicately lift the polish from the edges while being careful not to rip the fabric.
Depending on the cloth and the extent of the spill, you can only remove so much polish at this stage.
The method outlined below is suitable for natural fabrics (cotton and linen), as well as synthetic materials (nylon and polyester).
Certain delicate and high-end fabrics, such as silk and wool, may deteriorate when exposed to nail polish remover.
Touching wet polish may cause the stain to penetrate deeper into the material. Allow the polish to dry completely.
Remove the dried paint with a small tool or your fingernail.
Once the spill has been cleaned up, dab the article lightly with a clean white cloth dipped in nail polish remover.
To be safe, use a non-acetone remover to avoid causing damage to the fabric.
Once the excess polish has been removed, the machine washes the clothing in cold water.
Finally, hang the garment to dry.
- If the polish is deeply embedded in the fabric, you may need to use a different method.
- To be safe, use a non-acetone remover to avoid causing damage to the fabric.
- It’s a good idea to test the nail polish remover on a less visible patch of fabric first because acetone can harm certain fabric dyes.
How to Remove Stains From a White Shirt
How to Remove Makeup Stains from a White Shirt
- In a cup, combine 1 tsp laundry detergent, baking soda, and cold water to make a paste.
- With a washcloth soaked in the mixture, rub the afflicted region.
- If the stain is stubborn, soak the shirt overnight in a solution of 1.4 cups hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and baking soda.
How to Remove Fruit and Tomato Sauce Stains from a White Shirt
- Apply cold water to the stain.
- Using your fingers, gently agitate the fabric with the cleaning solution.
- Blot the stain and rinse with cold water to remove it.
- As you work to remove the stain from the front, keep a clean cloth behind the spot.
- If necessary, soak in 1/4 cup of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, or an oxygen booster overnight.
How to Remove Dirt, Mud, or Grass Stains from a White Shirt
- Spray your homemade all-purpose cleaner on the stain and leave it on for five to fifteen minutes.
- One teaspoon of laundry detergent combined with one-fourth cup of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, or an oxygen booster may need to be soaked in warm water overnight to remove tougher stains.
- The following day, wash in the washing machine as usual.
How to Remove Coffee, Tea, and Fruit Juice Stains from a White Shirt
- In a bowl, combine one tablespoon of white vinegar and one teaspoon of castile soap and soak the stained shirt for 30 minutes.
- Use oxygen bleach or baking soda to stir up the discoloration.
- Use cold water to clean.
- Repeat as needed.
How to Remove Red Wine Stains from a White Shirt
- To remove any excess wine, dab the red wine stain with a damp white cotton cloth.
- Gently agitate a DIY cleaning solution of 1/4 cups hydrogen peroxide, 2 tablespoons castile soap, and lemon essential oil.
- Sprinkle baking soda or hydrogen peroxide on the stain if necessary, then spray again and agitate.
- Allow for a 15-minute rest before rinsing with cold water.
How to Remove Blood Stains from a White Shirt
- From the back of the blood stain, run cold water through the shirt.
- Continue rubbing the fabric and running water through it for a minute or two.
This will aid in the dispersal of the blood.
- Spray your all-purpose stain remover on the stain if necessary, and then pour hydrogen peroxide over it.
- Allow for a 15-minute rest before rinsing with cold water.
Best Soap Stick For Removing Makeup Stains
Best Household Products To Remove Makeup Stains
Best Wipes For Removing Makeup Stains
The Best Beauty And Grooming Products To Remove Makeup Stains
Best Overall Products For Removing Makeup Stains
Best Spot Remover For Makeup Stains
In summary, there are several effective methods for removing makeup from clothing.
The most effective method will differ depending on the type of fabric and the severity of the stain.
However, some common methods include the use of vinegar, dish soap, laundry detergent, rubbing alcohol, and hydrogen peroxide.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us via our social media or youtube channel if you have any questions or require extra assistance.
This article contains some affiliate links, which means that adorablemakeover.com may receive a small commission if you click on some of the product links and decide to make a purchase.
Please free to support our blog and don’t forget to subscribe
Just make careful to test the vinegar mixture on a hidden area first to make sure the garment’s color doesn’t lift.
How do you get concealer out of white clothes?
- Combine one 1tsp liquid dishwashing detergent and two 2cups of cool water.
- Sponge the stain with the detergent solution using a clean white cloth.
- Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary to completely remove the stain.
How To Exfoliate Your Legs Perfectly In 4 Easy Steps.