Table of Contents
Botox hair treatment is a new cosmetic procedure that is gaining popularity for improving the appearance of hair.
What Is Botox Hair Treatment?
Botox hair therapy is a new and unique method of treating hair loss.
Botulinum toxin is injected into the scalp, where it inhibits nerve signals to the muscles that surround the hair follicles.
This temporarily relaxes the muscles and stops them from contracting, which can lead to hair loss.
The procedure has been demonstrated to be beneficial in both men and women, with benefits seen as soon as four weeks after treatment.
Does Botox For Hair Contain Botox?
Botox for hair does not include the active component botulinum toxin, which is the primary element of Botox.
Rather, it’s a name derived from how the product functions.
What Are The Advantages/Benefits Of Botox Hair Treatment?
The benefits of hair botox are numerous.
The following are some of the advantages:
- Restore your hair’s strength by replacing hair fibers and healing damaged hair.
- Frizz is eliminated.
- Add luster to dull hair.
- It has a profound conditioning effect on your hair.
- Protects the scalp from psoriasis, dandruff, and other scalp problems.
- Prevents hair loss, thinning, and split ends.
- After rebonding, strengthening, or smoothing, your hair is less damaged.
- Increases hair volume
- Fights free radicals
The following are some of the drawbacks of hair botox treatment:
- You Can’t Dye Your Hair After Treatment
- Hair Botox is comprised of complicated ingredients for hair regrowth, making the procedure pricey.
- Thorough Aftercare
- The therapy cannot alter the internal structure of your curls’ hair fibers.
The inside cuticle of the hair must be broken down to change the structure of the hair, which can only be done using formaldehyde, which is not included in the hair botox treatment.
- Because the therapy includes injecting vitamins into the outer sections of the hair, the color tone of the hair may alter slightly after the treatment.
- Shampoo your hair twice with a sulfate-free, silicone-free, paraben-free shampoo.
- Apply a hair mask enriched with vitamins made from raw virgin ingredients. Allow 5 to 20 mins.
- After rinsing, apply the conditioner.
- To maintain your strands healthy, utilize a heat protectant spray and limit your use of heat styling daily.
- Cover your hair with a silk scarf when going out in inclement weather.
- While sleeping, wear your hair in protective hairstyles to avoid friction on the roots and strands.
- Regular hair botox treatments are recommended every 2-3 years to help maintain the appearance of nourished hair.
How Does Hair Botox Work?
Hair Botox is a deep conditioning treatment that coats hair fibers with a filler like keratin.
The treatment fills in any broken or thin areas on each hair strand, making hair appear fuller and more lustrous.
How Effective Is Hair Botox?
After this study, it was discovered that hair loss was significantly reduced by an average of 39%, with an overall response rate of 75%.
Hair Botox’s anti-aging properties act as a filter on your hair. They fill in any gaps in the natural fiber of your hair, making it appear more youthful.
How Much Botox Hair Treatment Cost?
The cost varies depending on the following:
- geographical region
- kind of treatment
- whether done at home or with purchased products and
- salon appointment.
The cost of Botox hair treatment ranges between $150 and $300.
Does Hair Botox Help With Hair Loss?
Hair Botox treatment helps minimize loss of hair because it contains numerous nutrients such as
- Vitamin B5,
- Amino Acids,
- Vitamin E,
- Glyoxylic Acid,
- BONT-L Peptide,
- Collagen Complex, and so on.
What Is The Difference Between Botox Hair Treatment And Keratin?
- Keratin treatments, commonly known as a Brazilian Blowout, are for those with curly or thin hair, whereas botox may be used on all hair types.
- Chemicals such as formaldehyde are present in keratin treatments, which smooth and straighten your hair but can be irritating to those with sensitive scalps, whereas hair botox is a type of deep-conditioning treatment that is free of chemicals and reduces hair loss, strengthens, and hydrates your hair.
- Keratin treatments are most effective for people with thick, curly hair that is prone to frizz.
- A keratin treatment can make daily styling easier and more manageable.
- Both procedures are appropriate for ladies with thick and wavy hair who want straight, healthy hair.
How Long Does Hair Botox Last?
Hair botox treatments give semi-permanent results that last anywhere from 2-4 months, depending on how long your hair grows and how often you wash it.
It is recommended that you have your treatment done every three months to ensure that your hair is strong and healthy.
Depending on the length of your hair, the procedure will take between an hour and an hour and a half.
This entails washing your hair to remove any residue.
The hair botox will then be applied for roughly 30-45 minutes before being washed off.
Who Can Use Botox For Hair?
It can be used for any hair type, however, botox can be used for the following hair problem:
- frizzy hair
- very fine hair with little volume or shine
- hair that is damaged
- hair that has to be straightened
- splintered ends
What Happens During Application?
Botox hair treatment is a vegan deep conditioning treatment that maintains the texture of your hair while leaving it smoother and more moisturized than before.
There are no injections involved in Botox for hair. Instead, it’s a hair conditioner that’s applied directly to the strands.
The procedure begins with:
Step 1: a shampoo to open your hair’s cuticles and prepare the strands for conditioning.
Step 2: Your towel-dried hair will be cut into sections.
Step 3: Following that, hair Botox is given to the strands by kneading it in from root to tip.
Step 4: Botox hair treatment is normally given to damp hair for 20–90 minutes.
Step 5: After washing off the treatment, your hair is dried, then heat-straightened to help seal the treatment into your hair’s fibers.
To assist the product to enter deeper into your hair strands, leave the product on while it dries and straightens.
Nitrate the strands of your hair.
Can I Get Keratin And Hair Botox Together?
Those with very thick curly hair who want their hair straight with a shining, healthy look are ideal for combining the two, and it is also safe for color-treated hair.
Botox hair treatment is a minimally invasive therapy used to cure hair loss.
In this article, we have described how the treatment works and addressed some frequently asked questions.
If you want to learn more about this treatment, please keep an eye on our blog for future updates.
Does Botox Hair Treatment Straighten Hair?
It will not straighten your hair as effectively as a keratin treatment, however, it will be easier to style and maintain your appearance.
Is Botox Hair Treatment for Curly Hair?
Is Hair Botox Safe?
It’s safe for usage, however, you can experience skin irritation or an allergic reaction, just like any hair treatment.
Hence, the product should not touch your skin to decrease the danger of harmful adverse effects.
Is Botox Hair Treatment Permanent?
Hair botox is a semi-permanent treatment, and the duration varies from person to person.
Can I Dye My Hair After A Botox Hair treatment?
It is not advised to dye your hair immediately following a botox treatment.
The minimum period from the date of the botox therapy is seven days.
Can Hair Botox Affect Already Colored Hair?
Yes, Botox Hair treatment can change the color of pre-colored hair.
That is why it is best to wait a few weeks between getting a new color and getting botox.
Is Hair Botox Suitable For All Hair Types?
Botox Hair treatment for hair is considered safe for all hair types.
Is Hair Botox Better Than Keratin Treatment?
Botox for hair moisturizes, restores, and straightens hair. Keratin treatment promotes hair health and growth by restoring keratin in the hair.
How Should I Care For My Hair After Getting Hair Botox?
You should avoid sweating-inducing exercise and washing your hair for three days after the treatment.