Table of Contents
Waterproof mascara product was invented by Helena Rubinstein in the early 1940s.
The mascara was created with flight hostesses in mind, as it would not run or smudge when they were exposed to high levels of humidity.
Waterproof mascara is a type of mascara that is designed to withstand smudging, flaking, and running even under the most extreme conditions, such as swimming or sweating.
Waterproof mascara is popular among people who engage in activities like swimming, running, and dancing that can cause their makeup to run.
It’s also popular with people who live in humid regions, where traditional mascara might smudge due to sweat.
Waterproof mascara is a makeup product that coats the eyelashes to make them appear darker and more voluminous.
It comes in a variety of colors, including black, brown, and navy, and is available in both liquid and powder form.
Waterproof mascara comes in two varieties: ordinary and smudge-proof.
Smudging is more common with regular waterproof mascara, however, smudge-proof mascara is less likely to transfer onto the upper eyelid.
4 Tips For Applying Waterproof Mascara
- Make use of a primer.
Apply a primer to your lashes to produce a smooth surface for applying mascara.
A primer will prevent clumping and breakage of your lashes.
- Apply a base coat to the surface.
For a longer-lasting appearance that won’t smudge or rub off, apply a coating of ordinary mascara as a base coat, then go over it with the waterproof mascara.
- Choose the best waterproof mascara.
Place the mascara bristles at the root of your top lashes and slide the wand in a zig-zag motion towards the tip of your lashes.
This action ensures that your lashes are fully covered without clumping together.
Starting at the root of your lashes provides you the most volume and density on the base while keeping your lashes delicate and fluttery and not weighing them down.
- Using a dry Spoolie, brush the lashes.
This procedure declumps and eliminates surplus mascara for even product distribution and increased volume.
Do’s And Don’ts About Removing Waterproof Mascara
- After you’ve finished cleansing, use a moisturizer.
- After you’ve used a cotton pad to remove the remaining traces of mascara, use a gentle wipe to remove the last traces.
- When removing mascara, keep your eyes closed.
- Remove Waterproof Mascara With Specific Tools
Waterproof mascara can be removed with the use of cotton balls, a damp clean face, and cotton pads.
These instruments are designed to be gentle on your skin and will assist you in removing all of the product from your eye area.
- When removing waterproof mascara, be gentle and maintain your lashes intact to avoid irritating your eyelids.
- Whether you use a specific chemical to remove your waterproof mascara, you must cleanse your face afterward! This will assist to eliminate any residual residue from the face as well as any dirt or contaminants that may have remained.
- Apply a retinol-containing eye lotion to boost collagen production and reduce fine wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles.
- When removing mascara, avoid using your fingers. You may rip out your lashes, causing scars.
- Avoid using harsh irritants like alcohol and scents on the eye area since they include harsh irritants that can create undesirable allergic reactions like redness and discomfort.
- Rubbing your eyes when removing waterproof mascara can cause more harm than good; not only will the mascara end up all over your face, clogging your pores, but it can also result in lash loss.
How To Remove Waterproof Mascara
The best way to remove waterproof mascara naturally and since waterproof mascara is meant to resist water, washing your face is an ineffective way to remove it.
Step 1: Apply eye makeup remover to a cotton pad and press it to the eye. You should be gentle with your eyes and use soft pads that are not harsh.
Step 2: Swipe downward and away after a few seconds. Before removing mascara, make sure to fully soak lashes with eye makeup remover. This allows the product to properly dissolve the mascara, protecting lashes and removing makeup gently but efficiently with minimal tugging (and therefore, minimal lash loss).
Step 3: To prevent smudges the next day, carefully clean mascara in between lashes with a Q-tip soaked in makeup remover.
Finish with gentle washing.
How To Remove Waterproof Mascara Without Makeup Remover
Mascara can make your lashes dry, stiff, and brittle, and in extreme circumstances, it can even trigger lash loss.
You can also make your products, such as:
- Yogurt or Milk
- In the milk or yogurt, dip a cotton ball.
- Swipe the cotton pad lightly across the eye region.
- Continue until all traces of mascara are gone.
- Using lukewarm water, rinse.
2. Cold Cream
- Using your fingertips, apply a little amount of cold cream.
- Close your eyes and gently massage the cream into your lashes.
- Using a wet washcloth, wipe away the product.
- Dab a dry towel over the area to absorb any excess water.
3. Baby Wipes
4. Baby Lotion
The Best Way To Remove Waterproof Mascara Naturally
Does Micellar Water Remove Waterproof Mascara?
- Using micellar water,
- Saturate a cotton pad, hold the pad over your closed eyes for a few seconds before gently wiping it away.
- Rinsing is not required.
Does Coconut Oil Remove Waterproof Mascara?
It not only removes waterproof makeup but also has a rejuvenating effect on the lashes and the sensitive skin around the eyes.
- Use a cotton ball to massage coconut oil to your lashes and around your eyes,
- Leave the lashes in place for 10 to 20 seconds, allowing the oil to dissolve the mascara. then
- Use a cotton swab to remove any surplus from the lash line.
Does Baby Shampoo Remove Waterproof Mascara?
Baby shampoo is safe to use around the delicate eye area and most types are hypoallergenic, hence, it can be efficient in removing waterproof mascara.
- Using a moistened cotton ball, add a little bit of baby shampoo to your eyelashes.
- Wipe away the baby shampoo and mascara with moist wipes or pads, the
- Rinse with warm water.
Ensure no baby shampoo gets into your eyes.
Does Olive Oil Remove Waterproof Mascara?
Oil helps your mascara glide off your lashes with a little scrubbing and wiping by breaking down the waterproof qualities.
- Using your fingertips, apply olive oil.
- Rub your lashes with your index and thumb until they are completely covered in oil.
- Leave the lashes in place for 10 to 20 seconds, allowing the oil to dissolve the mascara.
- Using a dry clean cloth, clean
- If you still have an oily face, wash it with warm water.
How To Remove Mascara If You Use Eyelashes Extension
Before using your mascara on top of your lash extensions, double-check the formula.
Mascaras with oils can cause the adhesive in eyelash extensions to break down, prompting the extensions to pull out faster.
- Make use of a makeup remover that is oil-free: Micellar water and other oil-free makeup removers are the most efficient for wiping mascara off eyelash extensions.
- Brushing your lashes with a clean spoolie brush to eradicate any lingering makeup is a good idea.
- To avoid harming your eyes, causing discomfort, and ruining your natural lashes, exercise caution when applying and removing mascara.
How To Remove Waterproof Mascara From Skin And Clothes
- Spray the stain-speckled object with a bottle of stain remover.
- Allow for at least 5 minutes before gently scrubbing the mascara out with a soft-bristle brush.
- Follow the fabric care instructions before washing your clothing.
- Before tossing your garment in the dryer, double-check that the stain is gone, as drying it could set the imperfection and make it permanent.
- If the mascara smudges persist, soak the item overnight in oxygen-based bleach, then wash and dry as usual.
Why Is Remover Bad For Skin And Eyes?
Several makeup removers on the market promise to be multipurpose skincare solutions that can both remove makeup and clean your skin, unfortunately, they include harsh and toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and Diazolidinyl Urea that disturb your skin’s pH balance and acid mantle.
The acid mantle on your skin acts as a barrier, locking dirt and contaminants out while allowing moisture and natural oils in.
The layer is essential for the health of your skin, and it is removed when you use the wipes.
Not only that, but it depletes the skin’s natural oils, hence, it’s advisable to properly rinse your face with warm water afterward.
What Happens If You Don’t Remove Your Makeup At Night?
- You’re at risk of getting infected eyelash roots.
- Wrinkles and premature aging can be caused by not wiping your face and sleeping with your makeup on.
- When you fail to wash your face at night, bacteria and particles from your makeup can get into your eyes, causing irritation, discomfort, and even illness.
- When you sleep with your makeup on, little hair follicles and oil might clog around your eyelids, causing styes or hordeolum.
- Over time, sleeping in your makeup might obstruct the body’s capacity to absorb moisturizers and other cleansing agents.
Aftercare Tips For Eyelashes
- After washing your face, be sure to remove your makeup before going to bed.
- Use masks and treatments for the eyes that contain pro-keratin complex to nourish dry, brittle lashes, as well as popular natural ingredients like cucumber and aloe vera, which help to soothe and heal dry eyes.
- If your mascara makes your eyes red or itchy, remove it right away.
- If the soreness persists, you should consult a dermatologist.
Some Waterproof Mascara Products
Waterproof mascara is an excellent choice for those who lead active lifestyles or live in humid locations.It’s also a fantastic option for contact lens wearers because it’s less likely to smudge.
We’ve spoken about how to remove waterproof mascara properly in this article.
Thank you for reading.
This article contains some affiliate links, which means that adorablemakeover.com may receive a small commission if you click to make a purchase.
Is waterproof mascara bad for your lashes?
No, but overusing it may cause dryness of the eyes
Can I Remove Waterproof Mascara With Coconut Oil?
Can I Wear Waterproof Mascara Every Day?
We advised not to because it can cause loss of natural lashes or irritation
How Can I Prevent Myself From Accidentally Plucking Out My Eyelashes?
Apply coconut oil gently to the eyes and wipe.
Why Do I Lose Eyelashes When Removing Mascara?
You should take the necessary precautions above and also check the makeup remover you use